Every student should devote a lot of time to his/her studies. But most of you find it
impossible to finish the given task or assignments, from where then can you find
time to study?
For this there is no magic formula but the formation of correct study habits. This
will keep you free from anxiety and give a feeling of confidence.
I. Study conditions
- Avoid all distraction: Do not let your mind wander or be distracted from what you
are doing. For this, select a quiet place.
- Keep ready all the materials you might require close at hand so that you do not
waste time and energy looking for them.
- Study under proper light, for poor light tires the eyes and you lose concentration.
- Have proper ventilation, for fresh air keeps the mind alert.
II. Make a plan for study
- Keep in mind what you have to study, how much you have to study and how much time
you have. Have a balance between leisure and study. Organize a time – table in such
a way that you have fun and sufficient time for study. “All work and no play make
Jack a dull boy. “ Fun is essential because an exhausted mind cannot absorb what
- Decide when to study and what to study. Make a weekly time table. It is better to
have short frequent period for each subject that long hours for one. Start with
interesting easy lessons/topics and then go on to difficult lines unless they are
- Pay total attention to what you are studying. You will absorb more and understand
- Do not study when you are tired. Relax with something light for a short while and
come back to study. But do not confuse laziness with tiredness.
- Understand the material you have to learn as a whole.
- Re learn and revise previous lessons frequently. If you have learnt mathematical
formula or grammar rules practice their use as practice makes one perfect.
- Do not learn anything by heart. Read the chapter carefully, understand the ideas
and write the essential points.
- Do not learn notes but get the most important points and put them down in order,
under headings and subheading.
- During the weekend, set aside sometime to go over the week’s work concentrating
on points you had not grasped. Regularity and concentration are the key words of
I/we have read the rules and regulations of the school and I/we promise to see that
my/our child strictly observes them.